Thursday, April 9, 2015

Finding Inspiration





Sometimes all I need is to step outside and view my everyday world like an explorer. A simple walk around my neighborhood can start my creative juices flowing. I collect images, sights, and sounds of things I see everyday. Somehow all these things fall into place and my imagination gets back to work.



Other days it's more complicated. Today was one of those more complicated days. I could blame it on the 13 hour shift I worked the night before my trip to San Diego. Getting up at 5:30 and driving an hour to MIA for my flight did not make my muse happy. And I had a blog to post. 



Five hours later my husband and I arrived in San Diego. Our son met us and drove us to the beach. We hiked up a hill for a better view. The temperature was cooler than back in Florida and the terrain definitely more hilly. There were palm trees just like back in South Florida, the sky was blue just like back home, and the people we passed were friendly just like the people we pass on our morning walks. Maybe it wasn't the change of scenery or location that inspired me - it was the similarities. 

Sometimes inspiration is just around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. you are right - inspiration is everywhere. I need to carry a journal. I cannot tell you how many times I have said to myself "i canuse that" and then forgot what it was. Old age and poor planning, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathye. Inspiration is everywhere and you've captured that perfectly in this post. Hope you're having a great time with your son in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete