Friday, April 8, 2016

Shh! Authors at Work


Wondering what's ahead from the Classic and Cozy Authors? Wonder no longer. Here are some of the projects we're working on.
 
SOFIE COUCH
Title: Jail Bird
Main Characters: Roxanne and Cyran (an homage to Cyrano de Bergerac) and parallel mini-romance featuring Claire Voyant, (yes, I DID go there), and Sam
Genre: Romantic Comedy
One Paragraph from the Page I'm On:
A silent alarm. A cracked safe. A missing manuscript. And now, a car chase. Well, it wasn’t so much a “chase” as a two block crawl with a dramatic musical backdrop courtesy of the local country radio station.
Publication Date: April 30th! (I’ve gotta get crankin’.)
Did you know: Did you know that in Cyrano De Bergerac, by Edmond Rostand, 1897, Cyrano and Roxanne were cousins? Ewww.

JEAN C. GORDON
Title: The Matchmakers: A Match Made in Williamstown
Main Characters: Libby Schuyler and Jack Parker
Genre & Publisher: Inspirational Romance Novella proposed to Serenade Books
One Paragraph from the Page I'm On:
Jack unfolded his fists he hadn’t realized he clenched and looked over Libby’s head at her grandmother. He pasted a smile on his face. “I’m ready. I haven’t had a good home cooked meal in months, since the last time I visit my parents.”
Due Date: June 20
Publication Date: None yet
Did You Know (something I learned for this story): The University of Philadelphia has a Department of Religious Studies

4 comments:

  1. Both books sounds like great reads. Can't wait. Keep us posted. Really love this glimpse into coming attractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean--
    Thanks for the glimpse into these works-in-progress. I always like to know what everyone is working on.
    Victoria--

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! It's interesting and helpful to learn what other writers have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This idea is great. Maybe we could all contribute to a page of WIPs and keep updating as we make progress (or not!).

    ReplyDelete