Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thankful

This is my frequent opportunity to write about thankfulness close to Thanksgiving, but a first for being able to write about Thanksgiving to be published on the Day itself.

Today, I will be celebrating with my eldest sister and her entire family of children, children of children, and children of children of children! Can there be a better opportunity to be thankful?

I last saw my sister when she visited to help my brother after the death of his wife. I last saw her children, my nephews and niece, when we visited them one gorgeous summer in Maine, when my youngest was five years old and full of spice!

My niece now has her own children who also now have children. Meaning that I have great-grand-nieces and -nephews that I have never met.

Although Thanksgiving is one day in the year, we make some of the most lasting memories with our families and I am hoping that all those little new relations will be a part of my life from this day on.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, wherever you are celebrating and with whom.

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, I know you're enjoying Thanksgiving with your family. I hope all our author family has a wonderful day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A heartwarming post, Leigh. There's nothing better than connecting with family we haven't seen for a while. Hope you continue to enjoy good times with yours.

    ReplyDelete